(taken from dictionary.com)
Hi, I’m Joy, and I am currently a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM) of one munchkin (E).
I understand that there can be many definitions of what being a housewife is, but the definition above best describes my current situation. There are also many different types of housewives – housewives who only manage but have (full/part-time) help, housewives who do every single task themselves, housewives who have no children but still manage the household etc. No matter what type of housewife you are, we all face similar and different challenges. That being said I currently fall in the category of housewife who does most tasks myself, because I have to acknowledge that the hubs does the dusting and occasional cleaning task. Oh yes, he also manages the finances. 😉
This blog is my attempt at documenting some of my efforts, reflections, and life as a SAHM. Feel free to leave me a comment/question/greeting by using the contact form (button can be found on top menu bar).
A little bit about me:
- My background is in education which might explain my constant fear that I am not “stimulating” E enough.
- I’ve moved a lot in the past 6 years and now live in the Bay Area (i.e., San Jose/San Francisco, CA). Finances can be very tight since we are on a single-income and the Bay Area (in case you were living under a rock) is one of the most expensive places to live in the US :(. As such, I try my best to run a frugal but comfortable household.
- I have a cooking blog but recently migrated all the posts here. As such, posts circa 2011 are from my single days.
About the photographs on the website:
- I shoot most, if not all the photos on my website. If the photo was not taken by me, credit is given. If I’ve missed out a credit, please drop me a message to let me know. Please do not use my photos without my permission.
- Since January 2014 I’ve been using a Canon EOS 100D with either the kit lens (EF-S 18-55mm STM) or the SIGMA EX 50mm DG Macro. At times, I also use the Canon Speedlight 320 EX flash. Before getting the Canon EOS 100D, I used either my handphone camera (Nexus 4) or an old Canon point and shoot.
- I edit some of my photographs using Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 Editor.
(Photo of me with a lobster taken by Duy Le.)