Another Nigella Lawson favorite in our family is this crustless pizza. The hubs is okay with it but E and I enjoy it for lunch whenever we have cold meats in the fridge we need to use up. It is very easy to whip up but does require a cook time of 30 minutes in the oven at 400°F so do take into account the amount of time your oven needs to preheat.
I would liken this to a large Yorkshire pudding. A friend once commented how it looked like a Dutch Baby pancake. The flavor is similar to both but more on the savory side. I love pairing this with fresh veggies or a salad.
(taken from here)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated cheese of choice (most cheese will work here)
- Meat for topping (salami, ham etc.) (use ready to eat meat)
- Oil/butter for greasing
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a pie dish 8 to 9 inches in diameter (I use a Pyrex glass pie dish).
- Mix together the flour, egg, milk and salt.
- Add in the grated cheese and combine well.
- Pour mixture into greased pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and puffy.
- Remove from oven, top with meat and return to oven for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a minute or two before slicing.
- Serve with salad or fresh veggies.