I have not gone paleo. I am not on a diet (though maybe I should be). I just had very ripe bananas on my counter and an excess of eggs. Also, I was running out of ideas what to feed my toddler for breakfast and bananas and eggs happen to be some of her favorite foods.
This recipe has been around the web for some time but I had referred to the one on The Kitchn. They also suggested a few additions like baking powder and salt, which I added.
E loved them and I will consider making them again when I have both ingredients at hand.
Two-Ingredient Banana Pancakes
(taken from The Kitchn)
- 1 medium ripe banana, smashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Heat non-stick pan over medium high heat.
- Grease it with a little cooking spray.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of batter (one ice-cream scoop full). Cook for about 2 minutes on first side, or until side is golden brown underneath.
- Flip pancake (you might need two spatulas to complete this task) and cook other side for about a minute.
- You can serve these pancakes with maple syrup/honey etc. but I prefer them on their own.