Fed up with the lack of not too sweet, healthy cereal choices, I decided to try making my own muesli. I already have an awesome granola recipe I love, but making granola weekly requires too much effort. This muesli is super easy to put together and there are endless flavor and texture combinations.
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 3 cups corn flakes (or cereal flakes of choice)
- 1 cup seeds (I usually do a combination of pumpkin and sunflower)
- 2 cups fruit/nuts/other (e.g., banana chips, dried fruit, chocolate chips, coconut flakes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper (sometimes I don’t do this). Spread the oats onto the baking tray.
- Toast the oats for about 10 minutes. You can stir the oats halfway through the baking time. If you need to toast up any of your other ingredients (e.g., pumpkin seeds), you can also do it at the same time you put in the oats.
- Once oats are toasted, remove from oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Combine other ingredients in a bowl or container. Add in the cooled oats and mix. Muesli is done!
- We usually eat our muesli with milk or plain yogurt.
Some flavor combinations I have tried:
Oats + corn flakes + pumpkin seeds + sunflower seeds + almonds, banana chips + unsweetened coconut flakes + dried mandarin oranges, cut into small pieces
Oats + corn flakes + pumpkin seeds + sunflower seeds + almonds + cranberries + banana chips
Oats + corn flakes + pumpkin seeds + sunflower seeds + banana chips + cranberries + chocolate chips