This is one of my (or probably my current) favorite ways to consume cauliflower. There is just something magical about roasting cauliflower – with cumin. The hubs and I can devour a whole head (or two) easily and this recipe is oh so easy to do. You can definitely experiment with other spices (e.g. paprika, herbs etc.) but cumin is my favorite. I especially like scraping up the roasted cumin seeds after baking and eating them, kinda like licking the plate clean!
Roasted Cauliflower with Cumin
- One head of cauliflower, washed and cut into medium-sized florets
- Salt, to taste (Kosher salt preferred, I usually use about 1.5-2 teaspoons)
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- About 1 teaspoon, cumin seeds, you can also use cumin powder, but cumin seeds are preferred
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Spread out the cut cauliflower evenly onto pan. If your cauliflower is too squished together (i.e., you get mounds of cauliflower), you might need a bigger pan. A half sheet pan works well for me, don’t worry if the cauliflower is close to each other, they will shrink as they cook. You just don’t want mounds of cauliflower.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and cumin seeds evenly over cauliflower. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, rotate pan and bake for another 20 minutes or so, depending on how roasted you like your cauliflower to be.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!