This corn and bean salad goes great with fish tacos – any type of taco actually. It’s also very simple.
Corn and Bean Salad
(taken from Rachael Ray; click here for recipe)
- 1 can, 14 ounces, black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, half a palm full
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, just eyeball the amount (recommended: Tabasco) (We ran out of Tabasco and used instead 2 teaspoons of white vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne. If you don’t want the salad to be spicy at all, just add the vinegar)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil, eyeball it
- Salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Let stand at least 15 minutes for corn to fully defrost and flavors to combine, then toss and serve.