The hubs and I embarked a few months ago on the Mayo Clinic diet in bid to lose some weight. Problem is, we weren’t really prepared food wise.
For the first 2 weeks of the Mayo Clinic diet, you are not allowed to consume sugar except from fruits and veggies. This proved to be an issue as we scrambled to find recipes that fit the bill. You would be surprised how many recipes out there have an added teaspoon or so of sugar or honey…argh! Anyway, breakfast proved to be a challenge in many ways because the hubs couldn’t have his cereal. We decided to try making smoothies using our immersion blender, my favourite kitchen appliance because it’s the easiest to clean. The smoothies were a success and we now have them on and off. Oh, and our diet – we have to kick start it again. We had to stop it due to unforeseen circumstances. At least we will be more prepared on the breakfast front!
- 1/2 cup milk (or any type of milk, I used almond milk) (If you don’t want your smoothie so thick, you can up the milk amount)
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt, unsweetened (you can also use plain yogurt)
- 1 banana, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen berries or fresh
- Combine all ingredients in the blender cup and blend using the immersion blender. You can also do this using a blender.
- Pour into cup and enjoy!