I love avocados and bought a whole bunch from Costco recently. Problem is I only have a limited number of avocado application ideas – avocados with sardines on toast, avocados on salads, pizzas…that’s about it. I came across this recipe link on Cup of Jo and was very happy to find it. I love creamy pastas but don’t really like the “heavy, rich” feeling you get after consuming it. Since this recipe is dairy-free, it also digests better (at least for me)!
This pasta is very delicious. I made the 2 servings and ate it all up. I have to admit after a while, it does get very rich – in it’s own way. I would serve this alongside fish (e.g., salmon is a great choice) or a grilled/roasted chicken.
Creamy Avocado Pasta
- 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish
- 1-3 garlic cloves, to taste
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil, (optional)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 servings/6 oz of your choice of pasta
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions. You do want your pasta al dente though.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil (optional), and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately.