My go-to recipe for thin and chewy chocolate chip cookies! Finally, the search is over. You really have to get the butter “melty” aka slightly melted for this recipe to be a success.
Thin & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
(taken from here)
- 1 stick Butter, Slightly Melted
- 1 whole Egg, Room Temperature, Slightly Beaten
- 1-½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1-⅓ cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- ½ cups Brown Sugar
- ½ cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Cream together butter, egg, and vanilla until just combined.
- In a large bowl, mix all of your dry ingredients (yes, even the sugars).
- Dump all of your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- With a cookie scoop, take a scoop of dough then press it out into your hands and hand roll the dough into a ball. Repeat process and bake cookies in a preheated 350-degree oven for 10 minutes, or until the edges of the cookie start to turn golden brown. Do not overcook them or else they will come out crispy!